Bezeq is Israel's leading telecommunications service provider. Established in 1984, the Company has led Israel into the new era of telecommunications, based on the most advanced technologies and services. Bezeq and its subsidiaries offer a full range of telecommunications services including domestic, international and cellular phone services; broadband Internet, cloud and digital services and other data communications; satellite and Internet based multi-channel TV; and corporate networks.
Bezeq's state-of-the-art fixed-line infrastructure:
Bezeq's fixed line infrastructure is fully owned and newly built to provide Bezeq with a competitive edge. It comprises an NGN (Next Generation Network) - FTTC (Fiber to the Curb) network – with approximately 1.9 million access lines and tens of thousands of fiber-optic lines, allowing for the delivery of a full range of value-added services.
The NGN technology is based on fiber optics deployed near subscribers’ homes and enables broadband high-speed services and advanced IP telephony. Using the NGN network, Bezeq leads the Israeli telecommunications space from high-speed Internet to ultra-speed Internet. Broadband services over the new NGN network can reach up to 100 Megabits per second and enable consumers to enjoy the most advanced telecommunications and content services.
Bezeq continues to invest and upgrade its telecommunications network. Through its investment in an advanced Fiber to the Building/Home (FTTB/H) network, fiber has been deployed to approximately 1.5 million or 60% of households and businesses in Israel today. This represents a new level in the NGN project and will enable Bezeq to offer speeds of up to 1Gps in the future.
Broadband Internet – A Significant Growth Area:
Bezeq has installed over 1.6 million high-speed retail and wholesale broadband lines enabling high-speed surfing packages at 15, 40, and 100 Megabits per second. Bezeq has taken steps to lower prices and encourage customers to upgrade to higher speed broadband services. Average broadband speed per subscriber has reached over 53 Mbps.
Advanced added-value products and services on the Internet infrastructure include:
- Be router - As part of the company's goal of providing customers with a high-quality, fast Internet experience, Bezeq is currently marketing Be, a new router that enables continuous and high-quality surfing on the home Internet. Be is an advanced router independently developed by Bezeq, enabling wireless surfing of up to 1 Giga at home with 4K streaming support. The router comes with built-in cyber protection and a user-friendly application that enables advanced management and control capabilities.
- Bcyber - The Bcyber application lets you know what is happening on your home network, know who is connected at any given time and make sure the network condition is optimal.
- Bezeq smart home - Home management is done through the Bezeq smart home app, which allows you to remotely monitor your home, your children, your pets, find out what's going on in real time, and receive alerts. You can add a host of smart detectors to the system, which will expand the experience of the smart home and allow you to manage it from a distance.
- Bezeq Free Cloud - a service for storing pictures, videos and personal files securely and with no storage limitations.
- Bezeq Free WiFi - provides a free wireless Internet connection outside your home.
Bezeq leads the home network market, connecting computers on a wireless network, with about 60% of Israeli wireless networks operated by Bezeq. It is the only company offering a comprehensive solution – enabling customers to enjoy the most advanced wireless home network capabilities.
Bezeq also operates the b144.co.il directory site, using the most advanced technologies for retrieving information swiftly, easily and intuitively.
Bezeq and the Business market:
Bezeq's business activities are another of the Company's growth engines. The Company is present in all businesses in Israel with most businesses having at least one Bezeq product.
- Growth in sales of advanced DATA networks – METRO, SDH, IPVPN
- Growth in revenues from advanced telephony: HIPT, Centrex
- IOT solutions: smart business, smart cities/smart places
- Innovative ICT services: virtual servers, cloud services, cyber
Bezeq and the Community:
Bezeq works to benefit the community through donations to charities and organizations aimed at supporting disadvantaged populations and closing social gaps. Bezeq primarily contributes to programs that reduce these gaps through use of computers and Internet (bridging the digital gap), the results of which are reflected in educational achievements and increase in employment. Bezeq also encourages employees to volunteer for community activities.
- Pelephone Communications Ltd. (100%): Israel's first cellular phone operator, with over 2.5 million subscribers. Through agreements with numerous retail chains, Pelephone has the most extensive points of presence in Israel among its Israeli cellular peers. Its multi-brand strategy has supported subscriber growth over the last two years. Furthermore, its wholly owned network enables flexibility and control over its future technology roadmap. Pelephone was the first in Israel to begin deployment of unique technologies for spectrum optimization (Beam forming, MIMO 4x4) reaching up to 50% improvement in speed.
- yes (100%): yes is Israel's only satellite-based provider of multi-channel television broadcast with approximately 580,000 subscribers. yes is at the forefront of technological progress – it was the first in Israel to launch TV Everywhere and 4K quality broadcast, led the launch of STING TV for the low cost market and expanded its operations beyond the borders of Israel through yes Studios, the international arm for the distribution and production of content abroad. yes's rich and highly valued local and international contents have received awards each year.
- Bezeq International Ltd. (100%): Bezeq International provides customers with comprehensive solutions in international telecom, data hosting, data communication and security. Bezeq International is the leading Internet provider in Israel with approximately 42% market share. It is the only telecom player in Israel with direct ownership of a submarine cable connecting Israel to Europe, enabling the Company to better serve its customers via virtually unlimited international bandwidth and serving as a key differentiator versus its competitors.